Okay. When I heard that other countries don't know what fairy bread is, i took it upon myself to inform you. Thus, this blog post. Now don't get me wrong, this IS NOT i repeat NOT a ‘this is how we eat super healthy’ kind of a post. We try and eat –fairly- healthily although we aint no vegetarians ( my husband works at an abattoir, and regularly brings home big BAGS of MEAT- and its as gross as it sounds) but i feed the kids lots of veggies and fresh fruit,see,here's what we had for dinner last night
lamb stew,with potatoes,corn and carrot…So there, photographic proof we don't ALWAYS eat crap.
Anyway,I digress. Fairy Bread. Well, first, think parties. Kids parties.
1. Take a loaf of white bread (it has to be white, you cannot make fairy bread on multigrain)
2. Butter, or margarine (do you have margarine?) 1 side of the bread.
3. Take your 100’s & 1000’s -ok i actually got on the internet to research this – I think you call them ‘jimmies’ but we call them 100’s & 1000’s. It has to be the round, coloured variety anyway, fairy bread with the log kind of sprinkles is inferior, in my opinion- and sprinkle liberally onto the buttered bread.
4. Cut into triangles – it has to be triangles, i don't know why,but it always is- and enjoy what you've been missing!
Now , i know what you are thinking. What kind of party food is that. And the answer? The party food of every Aussie kid everywhere!
And because i am so chuffed at having 35 followers, ( cue happy dance here-its kind of a take on my daughters ‘banana,banana’ dance-) I'm going to tell you about another hidden Aussie gem. The Tim Tam. A biscuit like no other.
1. you will need a coffee and a packet of Tim Tams
2. Bite the opposite corners off the biscuit.
3. put 1 end of the biscuit in the coffee, and suck the coffee up through the biscuit.
4. Quickly, shuv it all in your mouth as it dissolves into a chocolaty,coffee-y, delightful mess
Because I cant stand the thought of people actually not knowing about this oh-so-yummy indulgence, Im going to express post you some Tim Tams. Ill post a name that photo comp over the weekend and send the winner 2 packets of Tim Tams. You can even choose your flavour. Click above and have a look!
Wow, that was a mammoth blog. But i feel it is my duty to share our Australian cuisine with other people – grin-
Now, surely you've heard of lamingtons,pavlova and meat pies?
oh, a few people want to know where i get The Fatguys clothes. Mostly Rockyourbaby , and I love internet shopping, Babys got Style is great and I just found CradleRock that has awesome clothes. Ebay is great too of course, and garage sales, and op-shops! I have a cheeky sense of humour ( as maybe you could tell by Lukas ‘Hung Like A 3 Year old’ suit) and my boys are the funkiest little men around:)